< Franco Pellizotti (Androni Giocattoli) soloed to victory in the Italian Road Championships in Trentino.
28.06.2012 10:31 Age: 325 days
Category: Vacansoleil, 2012
Category: Vacansoleil, 2012
Bianchi to celebrate Fausto Coppi at Tour de France with Vacansoleil-DCMís special Oltre frame
As happened at the Giro díItalia, enriched by De Gendtís impressive win on Stelvio top, Bianchi will provide the whole World Tour team Vacansoleil-DCM with a Oltre special edition bike on the occasion of 99th Tour de France (June 30th-July 22nd).
In addition to yellow inserts along the tubes, the Bianchi Oltre frame for Vacansoleil-DCM will show on the headtube area (both sides) a special logo designed by Bianchi to celebrate Fausto Coppiís fantastic double victory at Giro díItalia and Tour de France in 1952 - 60 years ago. The logo, which follows the same format used during this yearís Giro, shows a yellow Bianchi jersey overlapping the pink one, combined with the number ď60Ē.
Highest †model of Road range, Oltre is one of the best racing machine Bianchi has ever made. His carbon monocoque aero frame is a creature of Bianchi brandís avant-garde technology, design and history. Oltre is a super high performance and extreme racing bike, feather-light in the mountains, tight on the turns and stiff in the sprints. X-Tex carbon technology and frameís aerodynamic shape give it an incredibly efficient power transmission and stiffness to weight ratio.
Bianchi Oltre's technologies:
- X-TEX: Bianchiís unique process to internally mold X-weaved structural carbon layer; a carbon net is molded into the carbon structure of the head tube; exceptional torsional rigidity proven by Bianchiís professional riders
- Carbon Nano Tech: adding Nano material into the matrix system enhances cohesion between fiber and matrix to make the carbon structure packed and tighed; increased toughness, lifetime and fatigue resistance; reduced empty spaces and micro cracks of the carbon laminate
- Carbon Nano Tube Tech: the ultimate generation of nano-technology. Carbon nano tubes with cylindrical structure are combined with epoxy resin and nano powder to increase the fracture toughness by 49% compared to standard resin, 20% higher than nano-technology; increased material resistance and lifetime of the frame; reduced empty spaces and micro cracks of the carbon laminate
- WMP (Wrinkleless Molding Process): wrinkles in the material affect the property of the whole frame and add more weight; Bianchi avoid wrinkles by pre-tuning the thickness of the laminate of each frame; increased frame and process efficiency; reduced weight
- UTSS (Ultra Thin Seat Stay): thanks to Nano Tube Technology, seat stays tube sections are reduced without weakening power transmission; improved shock absorption and impact resistance; maximum power transmission; weight reduction
At Tour de France, team Vacansoleil-DCM will line-up the following riders: Dutch Kenny van Hummel, Johnny Hoogerland, Wout Poels, Rob Ruigh and Lieuwe Westra, Swedish Gustav Larsson, Italian Marco Marcato, Belgian Kris Boeckmans and Spanish Rafael Valls.